Friday, June 03, 2005

How to Become a Christian?

If you have been thinking of accepting Christ, do read on. I’ll share with you about how simple Christianity actually is. How anyone can become a Christian, if our heart is open to receive Him. There’s also a prayer towards the end, where you can pray to invite Christ into your heart and begin your life as a Christian. It’s that simple, really!

”God loves us deeply. Man was created to have a relationship with Him. But the relationship was broken when man turned away from God because of stubborn self-will. Man chose to go his own independent way. This attitude of rebellion is what the Bible calls sin. As a result, man was destined to an eternity separated from God. Man continually trying to reach God by his own efforts, through leading a good life; doing good deeds, philosophy, or religion. But, he inevitably fails…”

”But, God love us so much that the last thing He wanted to do is to punish us to hell. He wanted a loving relationship with man that will last for all eternity. To save us from eternal punishment, God became a human being in the person of Jesus Christ, 2000 years ago to restore our life and fellowship with Him. He lived a life without sin, but died on the cross to take our place for the punishment of our sin, even we were yet sinners…”
God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ~ Romans 5:8

All we need to do is to believe that Jesus has died for our sin and joyfully open our heart to receive Him. When we commit our lives to live with Him, we are forgiven of our sins and given a new, free and eternal life from God. If you are ready to accept Christ into your life, respond to Him with the following prayer:

“God, I put my faith in what you have done for me through Jesus' death and resurrection. I confess how hard it is for me to believe, but I trust you to give me faith. I confess that I am a sinner, and I repent and ask your forgiveness. I depend on Jesus to save me from my sins and to give me eternal life. I want to obey Jesus as the Lord of my life. I don't know all that this means, but I will depend on him to show me as I go along. I know I cannot earn the right to be a Christian. I accept this right as a free gift. Thank you that you have forgiven my sins and help me to grow to be a faithful servant of Jesus Christ. Amen.”

If you have prayed the prayer above and truly accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you have made the single most important decision in your life! God will give you the strength to live this new, exciting life by faith. Welcome to the family! The next thing to do is to get yourself a Bible :)