Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Whys

Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this - Psalm 37:3-5

As I looked back to all those “whys” I muttered and sighed in the past; I slowly begin to understand the reasons and significances for each of them; revealed by the Spirit in me. Now, I know how precise and perfect God’s timings and plans are. I saw clearly how my life differs now than before knowing Christ. How simple, certain, stable, peaceful, hopeful, clear and wonderful it is with God beside me everyday.

Today, I still have my ‘whys’, many burning questions that I don’t have answers yet. But, I will always cling to a promise in His Word above. It gives me the strength and assurance as I sail through life knowing He always wanted the best for me.

Lord, You know all the whys in my life. You are sovereign. My responsibility now is to trust and be faithful to You. Teach me also to ask more of "whats" you want to be instead of "whys". Lord, I will learn to relax more and enjoy life Your way - because You are always in control. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.