Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Patience

A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. - Proverbs 19:1


I struggle most with "Patience" among the fruits of the spirit. I get so easily irritated by long-winded people, especially on the phone. I also used to explode at slow driver in front of me. I also can’t tolerate people who keep on repeating the same questions. I’ll go nut when things doesn’t go the way I've planned because of somebody’s fault and carelessness. Although now, I’m able to quiet the impulse to curse and shout, I still get angry uncontrollably inside when wronged. Another area of my life is when making decision. I used to find it really difficult to wait for just about anything! Very often when I acted in haste and impatience, the frustration was even worst than at the start.

As I look upon Jesus, I realized being out of control and exhibiting anger at others are exactly the opposite of the character of God. God is slow to anger and full of mercy. I need to truly understand His Word on patience and to do my best to respond as Christ would in any given situation.