Sunday, May 08, 2005

Forgiveness

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. - Ephesians 4:32

I did not talk to her for almost 5 years. I only answered when she asked for something. Most of the time; a short yes or no. I told myself this is the best I can do. I’ve tried very hard and for many years to forgive and forget, but I just can't. I've lost someone I used to care, trust and respect.

This was until I know Christ. It's when I know our need to forgive others because God has forgiven us. It's only through Him I received the power to forgive. I started to see how much this person has sacrificed and loved me. I remembered how she put up for me despite the difficulties and hardships of life; how she comforted me when I'm down and sick; how she worked so hard to give me a better life; how courageous she was when dealing with the impossibles; how she spend time planning and thinking for my tomorrow; how she tirelessly making things pleasant and beautiful everyday; how she has the amazing positive outlook on life despite the odds at hand; how creative and incredible she was in solving big and small problems; how she saved so much to make sure there's enough for my future; how she know my wants and needs and try her very best to provide; how afraid she is to trouble and interfere with my life; how thoughtful she is to other's feelings and conditions; how generously she gives and helps others; how unselfish she is to share with others; how she understand the pains and sufferings others are going through; how willingly she sacrificed her own comfort to make others feel better; how lovingly and dedicatedly she plays a dual role for us when dad no longer around; how hard she has been trying to be the best mother a son can ever have!