Sunday, July 01, 2007

Whitewater Experiences

Read 1 Chronicles 28:9-20

Reflection of Tommy:

"Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." —1 Chronicles 28:20

I was with some friends this weekend thrashing through forest and crossing streams with ridiculously strong rapid and experience the amazing sight of a huge waterfall. As we were settling down for a swim, I climbed up to this big log that fell across the stream and planning to do a plunge from there into the sandy riverbed below.

It took me awhile before making the jump. A nearby guide advised me to just close my eyes and make the jump. I did and it was so easy, I did another jump instantly after that.

Similarly in today’s passage, David advised Solomon not to be frightened about the size of his task as both king and builder of the temple. Our fear of our tasks at hand, its risks or pressure can easily immobilize us and causing us to do nothing. The remedy to this fear is not to focus on the fear but to fully trust in God and to get to work! Our loving God has promised to always be with us (v20); never fail or forsake us (v21).

Dear Father, thank You that I can be honest and direct with You at all times for You know and understand everything in my heart. Search me, try me and reveal to me any part of my heart that are not right with You, that I may ask for Your forgiveness and to be changed and refined by the power of the Holy Spirit. May my heart be always open to Your molding that I will become a better witness and more obedient follower of Christ. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.