Friday, November 02, 2007

He Answers

Read Psalm 86:1-7

"In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me." - Psalm 86:7

Reflection of Tommy:

Sometimes, we wonder whether God will answers us when we do earnestly pray to Him. I've seen Him answering my prayers in simple things like fixing the audiovisual glitches for my church presentation today or getting help from a stranger when my car broke down at nowhere yesterday to other things like providing me wisdom and discernment in decision making or protection from physical or spiritual harm daily.

Like our earthly father, God always wants to give the best in everything, and at times we do need to ask Him to give us the patience for unanswered prayers or strength when He allows us to go through seemingly unfair or difficult situation in our lives.

If we truly and closely abide in Him, obeying His commands, we need not to worry for any storm that may hits our lives. God who is loving, faithful, good and merciful will always forgive, guard and brings true joy into our lives when we sincerely devoted to Him (v2).

Father, thank You for teaching me to draw close to You daily, to be renewed by Your life-changing Word. Help me to learn how to focus and surrender my life to Jesus.

Lord, give me strength and good rest everyday that I may not grow weary or distracted by the things of the world. Instead, give me a willing and joyful heart to seek You first and Your righteousness, knowing clearly You will provides all that I need. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.