Two Kingdoms
Read Matt 22:15-22
Reflection of Tommy:
They say there are two things that are certain we can't run from in this life - death and taxes. We often have various reasons or excuses for not paying the amount of taxes we should be paying. Some even justified their action by thinking that they shouldn't cooperate with human authority but only to God.
But Jesus in today's passage clearly explained that each of us should fulfill both our duty as citizen of this world and at the same time giving God our full commitment and obedience. But among the two kingdoms, our greater responsibility was to God and His kingdom (Acts 5:28-29).
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding me that I should render to authority all that are theirs and to You what is yours. While I am still a citizen to this world, teach me to carry out all duty and responsibility honestly to those You have allowed to govern the country.
Dear Father, but above all, made my heart knows that You have the ultimate authority and that I should devote my life honoring You and doing Your will. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

