Saturday, November 03, 2007

Training for Life

Read 1 Timothy 4:1-11

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." - 1 Timothy 4:8

Reflection of Tommy:

There are many skills, like in sports, that need proper, rigorous and constant training. One will not excel unless they invest time, energy and full concentration in it. It requires also discipline and commitment from the person.

As physical training is important in helping us to be good in certain sports, our training in righteousness deserves our utmost attention and priority as it helps us in every aspects of our lives (v8).

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me to work out my salvation (Phil. 2:12-13) as the Day is approaching. Thank you for the freedom in all that I received from You with thanksgiving (v4). I pray that You will renew my faith and enable me through the Holy Spirit to diligently seek You and Your righteousness. In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.