Thursday, November 08, 2007

Minister for God

Read 2 Corinthians 6:1-13

"We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited." - 2 Corinthians 6:3

Reflection of Tommy:

When I was young, I was against everything Christianity and in fact disgusted by Christians. This has a lot to do with a Christian neighbor of mine, whose behavior and actions painted a very negative picture of what Christianity and Christians are all about to me.

In today’s passage Paul talks about each one of us is a minister for God to the world. In verse 3, he said that we should be careful not to put any stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. Each day in every situation, we need to be aware that non-Christians around us do observe us. From the way we talk to the words we use to the things we do, let them not be another person’s excuse for rejecting Christ.

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me my role as a minister for You to the world. Thank You for showing me that in everything I do, to consider what my actions communicate about Jesus Christ to others. I pray You will lead me to be a better witness for Christ in everything I do. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.