Sunday, May 13, 2007

Influence Of Godly Moms

Read Proverbs 31:10; Proverbs 31:25-31

Reflection of Tommy:

Today, as the preacher was talking about how important to have a God fearing mother in a family, I felt how much I have missed when I was young because I do not have a believing mother. Not to say my mom is not a good mother, in fact she’s great, but the fact is I would have learned and be nurtured much better with the spiritual truth of God’s teachings from her. It would have definitely shaped me to be a much better person since young.

After knowing some of the mothers in the church, I can see how caring, respectful, polite and devoted their children in serving God and others. These are the mothers that will bring up great men and leaders that will be used mightily by God for the extension of its kingdom. Let us honor all these loving and God-fearing mothers for the great and holy influence they have brought into their family in today’s Mother’s Day.

Dear Father, thank You for giving me a good and loving mother. Although she has yet to know Christ, You know how much she has sacrificed for me and the family and how kind, gentle and supportive she was to us over the year. So Lord, I pray for Your grace and mercy that You will bring her to come and accept Christ as her personal Lord and Savior one day. I pray she will be a God-fearing mother that will glorify You in everything she do. Thank You Lord, I pray this in Jesus’ Name, Amen.