Ripe for harvest!
Read John 4:27-36
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. - John 4:34-35
Reflection of Tommy:
We sometimes shy away from sharing the Good News fearing others may reject or ridicule us. But, we learn from today’s passage that Jesus has made it clear that there is a continual harvest to be reaped around us (v35). We need to look around because there are people around us who are ready to hear God’s Word.
Dear Father, thank You for reminding me that my spiritual nourishment comes not only from my personal study of Your Word and prayer, but also from doing Your will and bringing Your work of salvation to completion (v34). Lead me Holy Spirit, as I go out into the harvest, to be a good witness of Christ for those around me. May everything I do be guided by You, bringing all glory and honor to You. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

