Saturday, May 05, 2007

Talent Search

Isaiah 6:1-8

Isaiah's Commission
1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory."

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


Reflection of Tommy:

We may feel like quitting when we realized how our shortcomings will never measured up to God’s standard of holiness. With frustration, we may turn away from seeking God to change us and settling on what we can do best on our own.

But, we need not ‘run’ away from God when we realize His holiness, purity and moral perfection compares to our sinfulness. Like Isaiah, allow God to work in us and recognize the extent of His forgiveness. By submitting ourselves and confessing our sin before Him, through His love, mercy and grace, he will forgive, renew and purify us again. Then, we will be empowered once more to worship and serve Him with confidence and thankfulness.

Dear Father, thank You for giving me the right view of You when it was distorted by the daily frustrations, pressures and my own shortcomings. Forgive me of all my ‘unrighteousness’ and for doing things that are not pleasing to You. Cleanse me from within with Your burning coal that I may be purified once more to truly represent You to the world. Thank You and I pray this in Jesus’ Name, Amen.