Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Integrity 101

Read Psalm 101

Reflection of Tommy:

"I will behave wisely in a perfect way...I will walk within my house with a perfect heart." —Psalm 101:2

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines integrity as “incorruptible”. Like King David, we as Christian always seek out ways to live a life of integrity and staying away from all forms of ‘corruption’ as a response to God’s love for us (v1). We can begin leading such blameless lives, not by our own strength, but through empowering the Holy Spirit working in us each day.

The Spirit will shows us how to avoid looking at wickedness (v3), evil associates (‘men of perverse heart’ – v4), slander and pride (v5). He will keep our eyes on those (friends, associates) who are faithful to God and choose them to be our models. The Spirit will also illuminate our hearts with the standards by which to live from His Word.

Dear Father, I rejoice in Your Word and of who You are; my true, sovereign and only God. Guide me to live a blameless life free from any deceit or dishonesty, to always speak the truth and do all things pleasing in Your sight. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.