Saturday, June 16, 2007

No Bragging Rights

Read Ephesians 1:3-12

Reflection of Tommy:

Many Christians today still struggle to understand the meaning of being blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ (v3). Why do we still have to undergo so much fear, pain and suffering; what exactly are those spiritual blessings Paul was talking about?

When we believe and trust in Christ, we’ll have an intimate relationship with Him and receive all the benefits from knowing Him. We will be assured of being chosen for salvation (John 5:24) and adopted as His children (John 1:12; Rom.8:15)

Also, all our sins are forgiven: past, present and future (Col. 2:13-14), we’ll be delivered from Satan’s domain and transferred into the kingdom of Christ (Col. 1:13), Christ comes and dwell within us (Col. 1:27; Rev.3:20); we’ll become a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), we’ll be declared righteous (2 Cor. 5:21) and being accepted by God (Col. 1:19-22). All these spiritual blessings are eternal and this gives us the confidence, hope, strength and peace to go through all the difficult challenges in this life.

Dear Father, thank You for all these wonderful truths, Your grace and love in sustaining me. Lord, whenever I’m lost and in fear and worry, remind me of these blessings I have in Christ. Guide me and supply me the wisdom and discernment to do what is right in Your sight. Give me strength for follow when I’m weary, burdened and in doubt. Build my faith stronger and trusting in You more as I journey with You. Lead me I pray in Jesus’ Name, Amen.