Saturday, June 23, 2007

Just Be Yourself

Read John 9:1-5

There were times I have problem figuring out the best way in sharing the Good News without sounding like a religious fanatic. I also fear saying the wrong things that not only fail to convey the message but pushing others away from it.

But in today's passage, we learn how the blind man who know very little about the Good News, boldly shared what has happened to Him. His confidence was based on being himself and giving simple testimony of what Jesus has done to him. Instead of memorizing the amazing stories you heard somewhere else, our real and personal testimony is often more effective in witnessing for Christ to the world.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me this just at the right time when I wanted to know a better way to share to others. Teach me to empty myself from all pride, self-suffiency and other wrong motives but allow the Holy Spirit to fully fill and guide me to be a good and effective witness for Christ. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.