Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Abide in Him

Read John 15:9-17

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." - John 15:9-11

Reflection of Tommy:

The Holy Spirit often convicts us when we ignore God’s commands. We will feel as if God has hid His face and block us from receiving joy and peace from the relationship we used to have with Him.

To have lasting and complete joy in our lives, both in good and bad times, we need to have a consistent, personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. As the today’s passage says, we can be filled and remain in the love and joy of Jesus when we genuinely seek and obey the Father’s commands (v10).

Dear Father, thank You for filling me with the Spirit; guiding me and leading me to Your truth, wisdom and righteousness. Lord, I pray that whatever I do, I do it for Your glory and honor, and not my own. Teach me to truly abide in You and Your Words remain in me always. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.