Monday, September 10, 2007

Job’s Birthday

Read Job 3

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me". - Mark 8:34

Reflection of Tommy:

Contrary to what many may believe, God does not remove all our trials, problems, and difficulties in life when we become Christian. In fact, it will be just the opposite! But, like Job in today's passage, God at times allows sufferings to come into our lives when He can brings greater good from them (Romans 8:28).

As we are willing to take up our cross and to go through them patiently, we will see how God can use our suffering to do amazing works for His kingdom and to those around us, and at the same time, changing and refining our character in the process.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me the greater significance of our sufferings. Thank You that You'll never allow us to be tested beyond what we can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13 ). Thank You for changing me and refining me each day to be more like Christ. Lord, I pray that I will truly take up my cross and follow You. May everything I say and do bring all glory and honor to You. In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.