Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My Prince

Read Ephesians 5:22-33

Reflection of Tommy:

In a marriage, men were called to be spiritual head of the family and wives to willingly submit and follow his leadership in Christ. But, this does not mean men can misuse his authority and exploit the submission of his wife.

Instead, men who are leading the family should put aside his own interests to care for his wife. Like Christ, who served His disciples to the point of washing their feet, men are to serve their wife with respect and love. True spiritual leadership always involves service.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me to be willing to sacrifice everything for my loved one; to make sure her well-being and happiness of primary importance and to care for her as I care for my own body. I pray that I’ll be a wise and Christ-honoring husband one day. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.