Friday, January 12, 2007

Help!



Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.


2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,


3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields [b] with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."


11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.


Reflection of Bee:

"Be still and know that I AM GOD." (v10)

Verse 10 has a different meaning for me tonight. I always read this verse in the context of busyness but tonight I see it more in the context of troubles, calamities, storms and mountains that come my way. In times like these, God wants me to "be still"... don't do anything, don't say anything, just listen, and know God. Only then will I know this mighty God of mine who can calm the storms, and flatten the mountains that come my way. He will be with me in all these troubles.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for teaching me to be still before You when things happen in my life. I should not do anything but just let You be God.
Thank You for answering my prayer for my colleague yesterday and today. Thank You that he is feeling better now and You have assured him that all will be well. Praise You that he has the confidence now to take up the challenges in his work.
I also want to pray for another brother-in-Christ, Tommy, that You will continue to be his guide as he seeks Your face everyday. Show him your plan for him and let him trust in You more each day.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.



Reflection of Tommy:

Without knowing God’s promises for us in the Bible, we will be easily swept away by fear and worry over circumstances in life. For true seekers, the Bible becomes alive when they can find true, lasting solutions for all their problems and also the purpose for their lives.

When we are lost and afraid, read Psalm 46. It offers great assurance that God will not only helps us but will be with us through our trials. He will provide true refuge, security and peace. He will not fail to rescue those who love and seek Him.

Dear Father, thank You and I praise You for who You are, my almighty and loving God. Forgive me at times for my little faith, being easily troubled and discouraged by the wind and waves around me. Help me to not be worry but to come to You in prayer and trust You to do what You think best for me. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.