A Worthy Life
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[a] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Reflection of Bee:
Some may feel that God owes them many things, such as good health, wealth, a partner, etc. They blame God for what they don't have instead of be thankful for what they have.
The above passage tells us that we, as Christians, already have the "inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light". Therefore, we are to live our lives "worthy of the Lord", "please him in every way", "bearing fruit in every good work" and "growing in the knowledge of God".
Dear Lord,
Thank You for such a great inheritance. I pray that my life would be pleasing to You. Though at times I may murmur for what I think I lack, yet I know that You will provide me with all I need.
Though I still mourn for my loss, I pray that You will turn my mourning into praise soon. I pray that he will grow in You after all these happenings.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
There are times we are greatly troubled and disheartened by things and situations around us. Everything seems so bleak and hopeless. It can be hard to find anything to rejoice or be thankful about. But, we can learn from Paul today that despite all the hardship we are going through at the moment; we can always find reasons to be thankful for God.
God has made us qualified to share His inheritance (v12)
We are rescued from Satan’s dominion of darkness and made us His children (v13)
He brought us into His eternal kingdom (v12)
He redeemed us – free us from sin and judgment (v14)
He forgive all our sins (v14)
We should be grateful to God as each day, whether good or bad, is one more gift from our God.
Dear Father, thank You for Your love and all the gifts and blessings You have given to me. Teach me to trust You for all my needs and be willing to submit my all to You. Guide me to love and serve Your people likewise, in return. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

