Sunday, January 07, 2007

Who Am I?

Psalm 8

A psalm of David.
1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.

2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?


5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!


Reflection of Bee:

A song that touched my heart this morning during my church service was the song:
Still
Words and Music by Reuben Morgan

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

The above song is still ringing in my mind now. Tonight's devotion also reinforces the mightiness of God who will covers me from all storms of life. For I am precious to God even though I am so small in this universe which is created by Him.


Dear Father,
Thank You that even though I walked through the shadow of death, or the storms of life, or the desert place, You are always there with me.
Thank You that You are mindful of me though I am such an insignificant being in Your creation.
Thank You that even when others or even myself don't see my worth, yet You see me as precious to You.
Thank You for encouraging me today through the church service and also Your word tonight.
When You test me by allowing me to go through the desert of life, let me not fail Your test. Keep me in Your mighty hand, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.



Reflection of Tommy:

Many prefer not to trouble God through prayer, thinking He’s rather be busy with big, important crisis than our small and petty problems. Some also think how could a God could be concerned for people who always disappoint Him. There are also those who constantly depreciate themselves and feel worthless, thinking it’s a healthy way for being humble to God and others.

From Psalm 8, we can learn that how precious and valuable we are to God; we are only a little lower than God and the angels! But, this doesn’t mean we should think highly of ourselves by being proud and arrogant towards others. Instead, this helps those who constantly dwell on their smallness and worthlessness to have the right understanding of humility. True humility is about having proper respect of God for who He is and what He has done for us.

Dear Father, thank You for Your love and grace for a sinner like me to be able to reconcile again with You . Lord Jesus, thank You for coming into my life to be my Saviour, my God, and my friend. Teach me to always have the proper respect for You, for who You are and what You have done for me. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.