Celebration Of Creation
The LORD Speaks
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels [a] shouted for joy?
Reflection of Bee:
I could find myself dumb founded if God were to ask me those questions above. I couldn't argue with God. I have to bow down and acknowledge His sovereignty... His foreknowledge of our hearts and minds.
Dear Lord,
I know You are sovereign and all-knowing. You know me more than I know myself... You know my thoughts and my intentions. Forgive me for all my sins before You and help me live a life that is pleasing to You that will bring glory to Your name.
As I start my work again tomorrow, grant me wisdom to know how to handle the people I work with and to resolve problems well as they come. Grant me good health and let me sleep well.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
When things get awry, we sometimes wonder where’s God and why isn’t He doing anything about our situation. Or, we get troubled or even envied when those who we think that are less ‘devoted’ to God have such an easier life than us. In the classic story of Job, we see how God revealed Job’s ignorance of His moral order through his ignorance of earth’s natural order.
Like Job, we sometimes, unknowingly put God under our law of fairness; asking Him with many ’whys’ for our circumstances, instead of acknowledging that God is higher than any standard or criterion we can think of. God himself is the standard. Our response should be to submit to His authority and rest in His loving care.
Dear Lord, thank You for showing to me the right perspective when dealing when trials in my life. Thank You that because of who You are, I have the peace, confidence and courage to humbly accept all that You allows to happen in my life. Keep me remain firmly committed to You and obey You always. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

