Monday, February 05, 2007

The Price Of A Soul


Matthew 16:24-28

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. 28I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."


Reflection of Bee:

Each of us has a "cross" of our own. This "cross" is the price we have to pay for following Jesus Christ. It may be the bad habits or thoughts we have to give up, or our possessions, or time, or personal ambitions, or people we loved, etc, that God wants us to surrender to Him.

It's not an easy cross to carry yet Jesus promised that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He wants us to go to Him so He can give us rest. If we try to avoid carrying this cross, we may ended up losing our life instead.

Dear Lord,
I have a very heavy cross to carry since the day I accepted You as my Saviour. Yet You have always help me to carry it whenever it is too hard for me to bear. You have never leave me nor forsake me. Even now I want to come to You and surrender myself and my all to You. I want to find rest and peace in You.
I pray the same for my 'bf' who is struggling too. May Your peace and rest be with Him as he surrender his life to You. Keep him from the snare of the evil one and grant him victory over him.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.



Reflection of Tommy:
Some Christians think that only unbelievers’ life will be reviewed and evaluated when Christ returns. But the truth is we will still face judgment by God even though our salvation is secure. Jesus will look at how we have handled our gifts, opportunities and responsibilities in order to determine our heavenly rewards (v27).

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me not to merely claim to be a Christian but does not live a life as a true disciple of Christ. Teach me how to truly devote my life in service for your kingdom. Guide me in all my words and actions, that I may always bring glory and honor to You. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.