Monday, February 12, 2007

Knock, Knock

2 Timothy 1:8-12

8So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, 9who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 11And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.


Reflection of Bee:

Have you ever heard the conversation between mothers or fathers? You are quite likely to hear them talking about their children. When one loves someone, one will love to speak about that someone as much as there's opportunity.

It it the same if we love the Lord Jesus Christ... we will have the tendency to talk about Him in our conversation with others. It can't be help if we have fallen in love with our Saviour, we will never be ashamed to talk about Him.


Dear Lord,
You are so worthy of my praise and boasting about You. For You have done great things in my life and in those who loved You. I pray for more opportunities to share Your love with those around me that they may love You too.
In Your most wonderful name I pray. Amen.



Reflection of Tommy:

We can sometimes be so overwhelmed by our problems that we think it is too complicated or difficult even for God to help us. We feel totally lost and confused as to how we can solve our problems.

In today’s passage, we see how Timothy was greatly discouraged by the problems in Ephesus and fearful of persecution. But, Paul advised him to trust fully in God when facing setbacks, problems or difficult transitions in life because God is always in control. He will provide everything we ever needed to face the future, if we would hold on tightly to His resources.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me not to be ashamed to share the Good News to others. Teach me to share it with boldness, gentleness, tact and most importantly out of love for Your people. Guide me to spend more time reading and meditating on Your Word and listening to what and where You want to lead me to as a true disciple of Christ. In Christ’s Name I pray, Amen.