Monday, February 19, 2007

Dead Or Alive


John 20:1-8

The Empty Tomb
1Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!"

3So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. 4Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. 6Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. 8Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.


Reflection of Bee:

There is a tendency for us to see first then believe. Even the disciple whom Jesus loved believed only after he saw His clothe at the tomb (v.8). Is Jesus dead or alive? To those who have not experienced His power and love, He is dead. But to those who have a real experience with Jesus, He is alive in their hearts.

Dear Lord,
Thank You that You have risen from the dead and is living in my heart right now. I pray that You will help me share this truth with those I come in contact with that they my know You too. Let me experience Your resurrection power now even in my feeble and sick body.
Thank You for giving my 'bf' and his family a safe journey home tonight.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Reflection of Tommy:
Our hope for salvation will never be possible if Christ has not risen from the death. It’s only because of His atoning death and resurrection, we can have eternal life.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

Dear Father, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to love, heal and forgive me. Thank You that because of the empty tomb, I can have an eternal life with You (1 Cor. 15:20-22). Thank You also that because You lives, I have the peace and calm assurance to boldly face all uncertain days ahead. Lord, I pray for Your continuing guidance to bring me closer to You and Your will for my life. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.