Our Living Hope
39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
41At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven." 42They said, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, 'I came down from heaven'?"
43"Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. 44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.'[a] Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. 48I am the bread of life. 49Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. 50But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. 51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
52Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
53Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
Reflection of Bee:
We may find life has many struggles and we may at times lose hope and wish that this life is over faster than it should be. For Christians, Jesus promised that He will give us "eternal life" and that He will raise us up at the last day. That's the hope Christians have when all else fail.
We can't bring our earthly possession with us. What is eternal is our relationship with the Lord and with those who love God, for we will meet again in heaven one day. Therefore we need to spend time to cultivate relationship that will last.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your promise of eternal life. I pray that I will cultivate a close relationship with You now and with my fellow believers. I pray that more will come to receive this life as I share Your love with them.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
As Christian, we know that Jesus is our spiritual bread that satisfies completely and leads to eternal life for those who eat it. But how do we exactly eat this living Bread? We eat this living Bread when we:
- Accept Jesus Christ into our lives and become united with Him by believing in His death and resurrection.
- Devoting ourselves to living as He requires, relying on His teaching for guidance and trusting in the Holy spirit for power.
Dear Father, thank You for the gift of the living Bread that truly satisfies all my longings and gives me an eternal life with You. Teach me to devote my life to You in love and service, depending solely on Your leading and guidance. May I also serve with humility and fervor, always trusting in Your providence and strength. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

