Celebrating Disappointment
Psalm 30
A psalm. A song. For the dedication of the temple. Of David. [a]
1 I will exalt you, O LORD,for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave [b] ;
you spared me from going down into the pit.
4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.
6 When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."
7 O LORD, when you favored me,
you made my mountain [c] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.
8 To you, O LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 "What gain is there in my destruction, [d]
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help."
11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.
Reflection of Bee:
Dear Lord,
Thank You for turning my wailing into dancing too.
Thank You for removing my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.
Thank You for opening so many doors for me when one is closed.
Thank You for leading my life and guiding my career path.
Thank You for preparing me for greater works ahead.
All the thanks I give to You will never be enough to thank You.
May all glory and praise be to You through the works You have done in me.
In Your wonderful name I give You thanks. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
Sometimes God has to ‘punish’ us because of our stubbornness to change or deliberately ignoring His commands. He may use difficult, painful or uneasy situation to discipline or wake us up from our wrong ways. God also uses it to help us grow to be a more mature Christian. He does that because He loves us and wants to help us from getting into bigger trouble later.
As we read in verse 5, the discomfort of God’s anger towards us will lasts only a moment but the good effects will go on for a long time. Be thankful to our merciful God that at times His teaching maybe like a sharp painful shot given by a doctor, but it is always for our own good. It warns us to turn away from sin and helping us to grow to be a more obedient disciple of Christ.
Dear Father, thank You for Your lesson to change me when I’m disobedient. Forgive me of my ignorance to Your commands sometimes, doing the very thing You asked me not to. Forgive me and help me to always keep my ways right with You, to be a true follower of Christ. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

