Saturday, April 07, 2007

Two Different Systems

Galatians 6:11-18

11-13Now, in these last sentences, I want to emphasize in the bold scrawls of my personal handwriting the immense importance of what I have written to you. These people who are attempting to force the ways of circumcision on you have only one motive: They want an easy way to look good before others, lacking the courage to live by a faith that shares Christ's suffering and death. All their talk about the law is gas. They themselves don't keep the law! And they are highly selective in the laws they do observe. They only want you to be circumcised so they can boast of their success in recruiting you to their side. That is contemptible!

14-16For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate. Can't you see the central issue in all this? It is not what you and I do—submit to circumcision, reject circumcision. It is what God is doing, and he is creating something totally new, a free life! All who walk by this standard are the true Israel of God—his chosen people. Peace and mercy on them!

17Quite frankly, I don't want to be bothered anymore by these disputes. I have far more important things to do—the serious living of this faith. I bear in my body scars from my service to Jesus.

18May what our Master Jesus Christ gives freely be deeply and personally yours, my friends. Oh, yes!


Reflection of Bee:

There are politics everywhere, not only in the government but also in our working places, and even in the churches, sad to say. However, Paul chose not to follow the world system but rather follow the cross of Jesus. All he wanted was to be serious in living out his faith in Christ.

Yes, through the cross of Jesus we are set free from the bondage of sin and the world when we practice our faith. Do you know why yesterday was called a Good Friday? Because Jesus died on the cross for us and was resurrected three days later. Isn't that good? :)

Dear Lord,
Thank You for your encouragement through tonight's devotion, using the Apostle Paul as an example. May I continue to be strong as I live in this world and not of this world. I pray also for the business decisions I have to make let me follow Your system, and not the system of the world. Let me have a good rest tonight so I may rise up fresh to worship You with the church tomorrow.
Thank You in Jesus' name. Amen.


Reflection of Tommy:

Many Christians today do not realize they are living in the midst of a great spiritual battle in this world. As God’s final victory has yet to come, we are facing continually threat and attacks from Satan and his forces in all areas of our lives.

We are bombarded by all kinds of harmful and destructive worldly ideologies or subtle cultural pressures everyday that drag us away from God. We also easily give Satan foothold (Eph 4:27) and allowing Him to build strongholds in our lives through bitterness, lust, improper speech, greed and pride.

But God never intended us to fight this battle alone. He will fight with us and He has given us the authority to overcome the power of Satan in our lives and to win the battle. As we are fighting not against people but the principalities and powers of a dark world, God will equips us with the spiritual armor: truth, righteousness, gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and His Word (putting on Christ!). Pray also to God to help us crucify any wrong desire and interest in our heart.

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me what Christ has achieved on Calvary’s Tree. Protect my heart and mind that I will not be distracted by doubt, discouragement and confusion but to put on Your armor to fight this fierce battle. Lord, keep me awake and alert that I may not stumble or lead astray, but to be conqueror and victorious in Jesus. In His mighty Name I pray, Amen.