The Natural Things to Do
Romans 1:8-17
Paul's Longing to Visit Rome
8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
11I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. 13I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
14I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome.
16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[a] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
Reflection of Bee:
Paul was so eager to share the gospel because he had personally experienced Christ and His power in so many ways (v16). He had suffered much persecutions after he became a follower of Christ. His mission was to share Christ with others and to ask the Roman Christians to be "mutually encouraged by each others' faith" (v11). Yes, Christian life is a life in the body of Christ (group), not a lonely individual life. This is a profound truth which we can only comprehend when the Holy Spirit reveals it to us.
Sharing the gospel to non-believers is a very normal and natural things to do once a person has experienced Jesus Christ. It's like a cup overflows with water.... it is one think 'knowing ABOUT God' and another 'knowing and EXPERIENCING God'. If one finds it not natural to share Christ, then one might be just knowing about Him and not really experiencing Him yet.
Sharing the gospel is also a demonstration of one's faith in Christ, as not everyone will accept what is shared. One might be afraid to be ridiculed or ostracized for sharing. That's why those who live by faith is considered "righteous"in the eyes of God.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your salvation. Thank You for letting me experience You so much that I am eager and ready to share the gospel in seasons and out of seasons. How can I be quiet for all that You have done for me? No, I can't. May many whom I come into contact with know You and accept Your salvation as well.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen,
Reflection of Tommy:
As Christian, we are obligated to Christ because He has died for our sin and offering us salvation. For Paul, his obligation was to Christ for being his Savior and he was consumed with and obligated in spreading the Good News to the entire world.
Likewise, once we come to truly understand God’s great love of sacrificing His Son for us, we can demonstrate our gratefulness and gratitude by following Him, obeying His commands and proclaiming Christ’s salvation to others.
Dear Father, Thank You again for Your amazing love, grace and mercy that enable me to be born again and be renewed each day. As I am often feel overwhelmed by problems, hurt and difficulties, teach me to rest them all in You, praying to You at all times and trusting You to make ways clear and right for me. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.
Likewise, once we come to truly understand God’s great love of sacrificing His Son for us, we can demonstrate our gratefulness and gratitude by following Him, obeying His commands and proclaiming Christ’s salvation to others.
Dear Father, Thank You again for Your amazing love, grace and mercy that enable me to be born again and be renewed each day. As I am often feel overwhelmed by problems, hurt and difficulties, teach me to rest them all in You, praying to You at all times and trusting You to make ways clear and right for me. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

