God, Answer Me!
1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?
4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.
5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave [b] ?
6 I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.
7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.
8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.
Reflection of Bee:
Whenever we want to go forward spiritually and serve God more, the devil will never leave us alone. He would tried to attacked us through people. It seems very effective when we forget about spiritual warfare. I experienced that yesterday and was feeling angry over some wrongful accusations. However, as I reflected on them, the Lord showed me that the enemy wanted to discourage me from bring people to Christ.
Knowing it is a spiritual battle somehow helps me turn to God instead of using my own strength to fight. Soon my anger for that person who wronged me turned into prayer for her instead. Yes, God will hear my prayers and not leave me alone.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me that I need to be on guard against the spiritual enemy. Greater is You who is in me than he that is in the world. You have given me victory. Praise You!
In Your name I thank You. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
The most ineffective prayer is when we pray by scratching only the surface of things or being awfully general. We need to know that God is always there listening and talking to us when we pray to Him. It is never a one-way “monolog” form of communication.
We can learn from David, who pours out his heart in tears to God in prayer. Likewise, we can be totally honest and direct when we pray to God. Honesty is important for effective prayer because it helps us to begin praying in details with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We will also be able to discern and listen to what God wanted to say or reveal to us.
Dear Father, thank You that I can approach You through prayers 24/7. Thank You for giving me the peace when I can rest all my worries into Your hands. Thank You that I can always trust You, Almighty God, that I don’t have to be victim of any circumstances or be weighed down by the guilt of sin. Lord, draw me closer to You each day, helping me to turn my attention from myself to You and Your mercy. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

