Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bear One Another's Burden

Galatians 6:2-10

2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.

6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.

7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.



Bee's Thoughts:

I have the tendency to "fearing the worst". It is a psychological mechanism that helps me cope with disappointments. To most, this is being negative but to me I am being realistic. Nevertheless, I appreciate do those who could help bear my burdens or turn me around to be more positive.

Sowing and reaping is the principle of God... what we sow is what we get. Lately, I am feeling very tired and sleepy at about 11 p.m. , unless previously. I guess my leaving office late and sleeping late is what I sowed and the result of it is sleepiness.

Dear Lord,
Help me to becareful with what I sow or what I build. Help me to do the right thing that I may reap good harvest. Help me to trust in You fully and give me strength to bear my fellow Christian's burden.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Tommy's Thoughts:

Our lives here in this world can be filled with all kinds of distress and burdens. It is foolish to think we are able to live independently without needing or giving helps to others. As God made us for relationship, we should always be ready to bear one another’s burdens and helping each other out.

How do we carry each other’s burdens? As believers, the Holy Spirit often nudges us to stop and think of others when we are unaware or too busy with our own selves. We need to humbly and gently reaching out to others with caring and loving words and action; helping and easing their “burdens”.

Dear Father, thank You for bringing true caring people into my life; people that have show genuine love, care, encouragement and support to me over the years. Teach and guide me to do the same and more to them and others in a caring and loving way like Christ. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.