“There’s Heaven”
The River of Life
1Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
Bee's Thoughts:
I always feel comforted whenever I read the Book of Revelation. It spells hope, eternal happiness and joy... no more tear or sorrow. Whenever I think about heaven, I wish I am there instantly and all my negative feelings seem to matter nothing to me anymore. Some call this negative, but I feel it's positive, 'cos I am 'ready' to go to my eternal home. On the contrary, most people don't wish to leave their earthly home and cling on to their earthly possessions instead.
In tonight's passage, we see that for Christians, God's life will flow to us and He will be our Light. We shall have everything that we need. Even though I may not fully understand the meaning of the passage but I know it's something very good God wants us to have.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your salvation and our future hope of glory, and life with You. Whenever I think about it I just want to be there. I pray that You will give me strength to accomplish Your purpose while I am still on earth. Help me to continue to spread the good news to those I come into contact with. May these come to know and accept You soon.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Sometimes, through conversations with people and also observing the world around me, I catch a glimpse of how heaven will be like. There’re things we do today that reflects the imperfections of some of the man-made system in this fallen world.
Deep inside, we long for a place that can provides us something better; with true and lasting love, peace and joy; no more sin, sorrows and tears or the fear of being hurt, going through pain, suffering, and worries. And, everyone live in perfect harmony; no lies, mistrust, or hatred. Heaven.
Dear Father, thank You for showing to me glimpses of heaven through things I see in this world. Teach me to see my life as a test and also an opportunity to prepare me for something better, with eternal blessings and a fullness of life when I believe and submit my life to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

