Tuesday, September 26, 2006

No Terror

Psalm 31:9-24

9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief.

10 My life is consumed by anguish
and my years by groaning;
my strength fails because of my affliction, [a]
and my bones grow weak.

11 Because of all my enemies,
I am the utter contempt of my neighbors;
I am a dread to my friends—
those who see me on the street flee from me.

12 I am forgotten by them as though I were dead;
I have become like broken pottery.

13 For I hear the slander of many;
there is terror on every side;
they conspire against me
and plot to take my life.

14 But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God.
"

15 My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.

16 Let your face shine on your servant;
save me in your unfailing love.

17 Let me not be put to shame, O LORD,
for I have cried out to you;
but let the wicked be put to shame
and lie silent in the grave. [b]

18 Let their lying lips be silenced,
for with pride and contempt
they speak arrogantly against the righteous.

19 How great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you bestow in the sight of men
on those who take refuge in you.

20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from the intrigues of men;
in your dwelling you keep them safe
from accusing tongues.

21 Praise be to the LORD,
for he showed his wonderful love to me
when I was in a besieged city.

22 In my alarm I said,
"I am cut off from your sight!"
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
when I called to you for help.

23 Love the LORD, all his saints!
The LORD preserves the faithful,
but the proud he pays back in full.

24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.



Bee's Thoughts:

Although I may not experienced the same situation as the above writer (King David) but I did experienced similar anguish in the emotional sense. Those prayers and cry became mine. At that point I wished I were never born. I wrote the most poem in my distress.

Just like King David, my sorrows turned to praise when I thought of God's love and greatness. I was reminded that my time is in His hands (v15). I have learnt to trust in God. These days I hardly compose any poem, a sign of less 'heart troubles' and less distress.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your unfailing love, for seeing me through all my distress and sorrows. Help me not to get myself into another situation where I invite heartaches for myself. Keep me pure in loving You, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Tommy's Thoughts:

There are those who contemplate in taking their own lives when situation in life seems unbearable, uncontrollable or too big for them to handle. Suicide seems to be the best way out from their hopelessness and helplessness.

But, if we recognize our true relationship with our sovereign God and His love for us, we will instead gain the confidence and courage to trust in God to preserve us and give us rest from all our problems (Matthew 11:28). We will also know in the end we will be victorious and things will be restored when we remain faithful in God.

Dear Father, thank You for supplying me with Your peace and strength when the goings get tough along this life’s journey. Lead and guide me to remain faithful to You, obeying Your commands even when things seems out of control or turning from bad to worst. Teach me to have the complete commitment to depend and trust in You at all times.

Lord, give me the strength and courage to endure. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.