Can I Run Away?
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Bee's Thoughts:
When I was a young Christian (also young in age), there were a few times I tried to 'run away' from God when I felt depressed by things in my life. I thought I could and I didn't want to talk to God. But when I read the above passage one day, tears just rolled over my cheek. I knew that I couldn't run away from God...wherever I go God will be there (v7-12).
Yes, He never let me go even though I tried to run away from Him many times... His love always drew me back to Him.
Yes, He knows me through and through... He knows me even before I was formed, He knows how I feel, what I need, what I will be. He knows me better than I know myself (v13-16).
Dear Lord,
Thank You for not letting me go.
Thank You for drawing me back to You each time.
Thank You for loving me.
Thank You for knowing and supplying all my needs.
Thank You that I can't run away from Your presence.
Praise be Your name. Amen!
Tommy's Thoughts:
As I was talking to my brother and his friend on self-condemnation, I realized there are many whose life were shaped by what other said about them; often bad and negative things that influences the person’s every thoughts and actions for the rest of their lives. They easily feel inferior or worthless due to the harmful experiences they had in the past.
There are also those who hate and sick of their own self because of their failures and flaws. They feel greatly ashamed of them selves and think they are beyond help. They stop seeking help from others and even God, going spirally downward to further self-degradation.
In today’s Psalm, David tells us that God’s character goes into every details of the creation of a person; never an accident but created meticulously with love and care; each stands unique from another.
Whenever we feel to degrade and condemn ourselves because of our failures or our pasts, we should remember that our Maker has so much respect for us that we should respect our selves similarly. We should also remember that His Spirit is ready and willing to work within us whenever we feel disappointed with our selves.
Dear Father, thank You for teaching me not to give up when I fell or disappointed You. Lead me to allow the Spirit to work within me when I failed, changing me from within. I pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.

