My Life A Mist
Boasting About Tomorrow
13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
Bee's Thoughts:
My life "a mist", this I already know.Sometimes unknowingly we boast, thinking we hold tomorrow.... so we make many plans and goals without asking if they are within God's will. We forget that our lives are in God's hands. Such boasting can become sinful and lead us in the wrong direction. We, therefore, need to be humble and prayerful, committing out lives, plans, paths, etc, to God.
Will I see tomorrow? That I don't know.
If the Lord's will, there is one place I will go.
Although it is cold, I like to touch the snow.
- Bee
Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me again that my life is "a mist" and I need to live a day at a time to glorify Your name. I want to commit my work, my relationship, and my all into Your hands. Teach me to do what is right so that I may not sin against You or others.
In Jesus' name I humbly pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
We always think sin has to do with us doing wrong, but James in today’s passage tells us that sin is also about knowing what is right and not doing it: the sin of omission. It may be a God’s direction to us to do a kind act, to render a service to someone in need. Or it may be a prompting from God for us to restore a relationship with someone we know.
Thus, we need to be always willing and put into action when we are made known by the Spirit to help and serve others.
Dear Father, thank You for teaching me to be always sensitive to the needs and concern of others around me. Lead me also to put my every word into action of love and kindness to others. I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

