Behave Appropriately
Children and Parents
1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."[a] 4Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Slaves and Masters
5Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.
9And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
Bee's Thoughts:
We are told to behave appropriately to the people we are dealing with, be it children and parents or bosses and subordinates. We are to treat each other fairly and in the love of God. Having a right and good relationship with each other is very important in the Christians' lives.
My boss always says that he may not respect his boss for his inability, but he will respect him for his position. This sounds right and inline with tonight's devotion. I need to learn to do likewise.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me how I should behave with my bosses and my junior colleagues. May You teach me to accord respect to those in authority even if I don't find them competent in those positions. Grant me Your grace to obey Your teaching.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
In every forms of relationship; either between parent and children, husband and wife, friends etc, it will only work if both party submit to another with thoughtfulness and love; putting the others’ interests above our own. We have a responsibility to each other, like how children should honour their parent and how parents should care gently for their children.
Dear Father, thank You for teaching me the importance of a caring and loving relationship with those I know. Teach me to be less self-centered and self-serving in any relationships that I may have, but sincerely honors, respects, and serving each other; showing my true faith in Christ. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

