Sunday, October 15, 2006

Drink Up!


John 4:7-14

7When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?" 8(His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

9The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])

10Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

11"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?"

13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."



Bee's Thoughts:

Dear Lord,

I am 'thirsty' tonight. I ask for the living water which You promised to give to those who ask of You (v10). Let me 'drink' so that will not 'thirst' again.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill my heart tonight. Come and fill my being that I may be 'drunk' with my Lord's love and never 'thirst' again for anything else. That I may have the power to do Your will. That Your stream of living water will flow from my life and bless those around.

Come, Lord Jesus, fill my heart with Your love and care. That whatever I do will bring honour to Your name. Let me not be a stumbling block to anyone, especially the one closest to me.

Come, my gracious Father, put Your arms around me. I need Your strong arms to carry me through when I am weak and helpless. Let me see just a pair of footprints and not two. Let me know that You are still here with me when others forsake me.

Thank You Lord, for hearing my prayers in Jesus' name. Amen.



Tommy's Thoughts:

The life changing encounter with God often begins when we realize only Him can satisfies our souls’ desire. Not only has He satisfied our souls by giving us a new life but He has given us to have it more abundantly and eternally. This new abundant spiritual life is a life that empowered by the indwelling of Jesus Christ; a life lived on a higher plane because of His overflowing forgiveness, love and guidance.

Dear Father, thank You for Your precious offer of an abundant life in You. Teach me not to forget that this life has begun ever since I accepted Christ into my life. Teach me to understand and to live out this richer and fuller life in Christ daily. Lord, I pray You’ll guide me to continue quenching the thirst of my soul by seeking You and Your Word. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.