Promised Strength
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Bee's Thoughts:
At my working place there are politics at management level. Sometimes, I feel weary having to be one of the 'pieces' in their 'chess game'. Even my immediate boss, a 'fighter', feels so weary that he might quit the 'game'.
At times, I wonder what God wants me to learn or do at my working place. But I can see how He places me in situations where I could share the gospel with people at my work place. His understanding is beyond my comprehension.
It's so sweet to trust in a God who does not grow weary (v28). Not only that, He gives me strength and help me persevere when I feel weary (v29). The secret lies in "those who hope in the Lord" (31).
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your promised strength. Thank You for knowing You who do not sleep nor grow weary. Thank You for giving me the opportunities to share Your love with people around me. May these people accceptYou as their Saviour too.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
We can get impatient with things in life when we can’t see our future. Our weariness and restlessness while waiting may even drive us to give up our hope in God’s promises for us. But, reading His Word, we know God is like a gentle and caring shepherd (Psalm 23, John 10:11, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 5:4) guiding each one of us personally in life. He has also promised to provide and renew our strength if we were to call upon Him when we are weary and down (Matthew 11:28-30)
Dear Father, thank You for Your care for me, never too tired or busy to help and listen. Forgive me that at times I lack the patient and trust to wait for You. Lord, restore and renew my confidence and faith in You to fulfill all the promises found in Your Word for those who follow and obey You. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

