More Joy In Heaven
4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Bee's Thoughts:
Living in this materistic world makes people not so compassionate these days. People also tend to value one's according to one's economic value. It's sad! Sometimes, I also wonder when someone says he loves me, is he considering my economic value too? :(
In the above passage, Jesus said that when a person repents (regardless of the person's status), the heaven rejoices.
I was tested earlier tonight while on my way home from work. A lady in her 50s, looked shabby, asked me for some money to take a train home as she said she had lost her walet. I paused as I wasn't sure she was tricking me for money. Then the Lord impresed upon me to just give... even if she was trying to cheat me, the amount wouldn't be big and I should have compasssion on her.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me that Your compassion for me never fail and I should do likewise to others. Grant me wisdom as I show Your compassion to people around me. Let me do what is right in Your sight.
Tonight, I pray for best friend that You will heal him from his sickness now. Let him sleep well and be strong and healthy again tomorrow. May You touch him with Your love and compassion.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:

