Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Humility

Ephesians 4:1-3

Unity in the Body of Christ
1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace

Bee's Thoughts:

Paul is able to be humble, gentle, patient, love and stay in peace with others because he had considered himself the "prisoner for the Lord".

We need to learn from Paul to firstly commit ourselves to Christ and be submissive to Him, so that we could reflect Christ's attributes. The way we live shows what we believe.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your reminder that I should stay humble and gentle despite of the situations. I pray that Your love will be shown when I deal with difficult people. May Your peace reigns.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Tommy's Thoughts:

Sometimes, we can get easily troubled and annoyed by certain people in our lives. Despite trying hard to control our emotion, we tend to become very reactive towards everything the person says or does. It is hard to accept their shortcomings when we really dislike their attitude and behaviors. But, we know that our lives often involve dealing and even living with those difficult people.

As Christian, we should know that no one is ever going to be perfect on earth. We need to accept and love others in spite of their faults and failures just like God has loved us in the first place. Instead of constantly dwelling on the negative aspects of the person, we should pray for them. We also need God to teach us to be more patient, humble and gentle with them. They may even change their way when they see God’s glory reflecting from us through our words and action.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me once again to bear with one another in love. Instead of always looking for faults in others, teach me to be more patient and gentle in words and action. Lord, I also pray that You’ll give me the wisdom and peace when dealing with others that I may glorify Your name. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.