Monday, December 18, 2006

Learning To Lament



Lamentations 3:19-27

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.


23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.


24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke
while he is young.


Bee's Thoughts:

God's love and compassion are "new every morning"like the morning dew. That's why even though we who hope and trust in Him are downcast at times, yet we can be restored in our soul and spirit whenever we pour our sorrows unto God. God is faithful in seeing us through each life's trial.

Personally I have experienced how God delivered me from my broken-hearted spirit whenever I lament before Him. In my despondency and helplessness the Lord always remind me that:

"A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench"(
Isaiah 42:3; Matthew 12:20)

Yes, God will not forsake me in my time of great sorrow and will not break me till I am beyond repair.


Dear Lord,
Thank You that each time I lament about my sorrows to You,You always hear me. Thank You for Your great love, Your compassion and faithfulness to me. Even now, I pray that You'll look into my heart and and heal me completely from all wounds and let me rejoice in You always.
I pray likewise for my buddy in Your word that You too will do a complete restoration and healing job in his heart, mind and spirit, so he can serve You and be a blessing to others without any hindrance.
Thank You also for bringing my brothers and sisters in Christ together with me home safely, even though we were driving in the midst of darkness and the heavy pouring rain tonight.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Tommy's Thoughts:
How will our future turn out to be? Sometimes, the future unknowns and uncertainties can be quite overwhelming and daunting to us. We can see that there are many out there who live in fear, feeling lost and aimless; there are also those who feel trapped in an inescapable situation in life; and there’re many too who have doubt about their life will ever turn around and become better tomorrow.

As Christians, how should we respond when we face similar situation or feeling? Like Jeremiah in today’s passage, we can learn to pray to God, pouring out all our emotions and feelings of grief and bitterness to Him when we face difficult trials in life. Not only that, by knowing how faithful and good our God really is, we can have the peace, patience and hope to wait for Him to make things right and perfect for us one day.

Dear Father, although I do not know or understand about what tomorrow may holds, I’ll still trust and wait for Your timing and plans for me. Teach me Lord not to be short-sighted and impatient while waiting for You because You are always faithful and compassionate to those who follow and obey You. Thank You and I pray this in Jesus’ Name, Amen.