Withering Grass
3 For my days vanish like smoke;
my bones burn like glowing embers.
4 My heart is blighted and withered like grass;
I forget to eat my food.
5 Because of my loud groaning
I am reduced to skin and bones.
6 I am like a desert owl,
like an owl among the ruins.
7 I lie awake; I have become
like a bird alone on a roof.
8 All day long my enemies taunt me;
those who rail against me use my name as a curse.
9 For I eat ashes as my food
and mingle my drink with tears
10 because of your great wrath,
for you have taken me up and thrown me aside.
11 My days are like the evening shadow;
I wither away like grass.
12 But you, O LORD, sit enthroned forever;
your renown endures through all generations.
Bee's Thoughts:
The Psalmist has said what I couldn't express.... I felt exactly the way he wrote above. I felt my heart dying. I have to drown myself with work and busyness everyday. Yet I know God is still holding me up so that I will not do anything silly or irrational at the spur of the moment. He is keeping me sane even as I feel as if I might be going crazy with pains.
Dear Lord,
This burden is too heavy for me, please support me and let me not do anything I will regret for life. Hold me securely that I may not fall. Keep me strong in You and let me be immersed in Your love, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Sometimes, we do neglect our basic needs like food and rest when we are in despair. Like the psalmist in today’s passage, we can learn to lean on God for comfort and strength in these times. And when we recognize our weaknesses, we’ll see God’s greatest strength becomes available for us.
Being a Christian, we are called not to suffer silently but to share our struggles and accepting graciously the support and help from others.
Dear Father, thank You that despite everything has perished and failed, You are still there, endure forever (v12). Thank You for lifting me up and giving me hope again when things seem so bleak and uncertain. Lord, continue to provide me with Your strength and peace to guard my heart and mind to walk closer to You each day. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

