Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No Fear


Psalm 112:14-9

4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man.


5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely,
who conducts his affairs with justice.

6 Surely he will never be shaken;
a righteous man will be remembered forever.

7 He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear;
in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.

9 He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor,
his righteousness endures forever;
his horn [b] will be lifted high in honor.



Bee's Thoughts:

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your promise that "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man." (v4). Even when darkness tries to crowd You out of my life, Your light will shine.
I have been through the lowest valley in my life, yet You always bring me up to Your mountain top. Yes, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalms 23:4)
Thank You Lord, for Your faithfulness to me.
Encourage me, Lord, through Your word and through the people who love You, that I may do likewise.
In Jesus' name I give Your praise. Amen.


Tommy's Thoughts:
Psalm 112 gives us a good idea of the advantages in having faith in God. His channel of blessings will be opened to us when we fear Him, trusting Him and delight in obeying His commands. We will never be shaken by our circumstances (v6). No bad news will ever tear us apart because our heart is steadfast, trusting in God completely to take care of us (v7).

The fear of God lead to a fearless life.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me to fear You – to respect and revere You as the almighty and sovereign Lord. Thank You that by trusting and obeying You, I can live my life free from fear (v2-9). Lord, forgive me if I still put my trust on perishable things for security and happiness. Show me instead to rely on You and Your righteousness; delighting always in Your commands for eternal security and happiness. I pray this in Jesus’ mighty Name, Amen.