Friday, March 10, 2006

A Great Coach

Philippians 2:12-24

Timothy and Epaphroditus
19 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. 20 I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. 21 For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. 22 But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. 23 I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me.


Bee's Thoughts:

That's a good testimonial for Timothy, one who genuinely cared for others and for the interests of Jesus Christ. He has been proven as he served together with Paul, his great coach.

This reminds me of my 'personal coach' (a friend who is trying out her coaching skill on me). My last few sessions with her did give me a kind of 'booster shot' to my at times unfocused goals.

Well, it's good to have a coach to guide us in life. But the best coach is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.

Dear Lord,
Let me be like Timothy and care for Your interests and to love others as You have taught me. In whatever I do, in work or play, let me a good model and make a difference in the life of those around me.

Thank You for being my coach in how I should live my life and how I should handle life's trials. Thank You for my devotion partner who is running this spiritual journey with me.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

Daily, I spend most of my time with non-believers. It’s so important to remind ourselves daily about what we believe and how we live, when we are on our ‘own’ out there. Without a close and growing relationship with Christ, we might easily sidetrack, give up and lost the desire to do His will.

The good news is our loving God has not left us alone in this type of struggle in our lives. As Christian, with the power of the indwelling Spirit in us, God helps us ‘want’ to do His will and obey His words. Our lives and desires are changed in the process. Instead of arguing and complaining about people, situations and conditions, our transformed lives with its true moral purity, patience and peacefulness became an effective witness to the world around us. We will “shine like stars” in a dark world we live in today for God.

Dear Lord, thank You for training me to be more like Christ each day. Help me Lord not to be too preoccupied with my own needs, schedules and concerns. But to take time daily to focus my attention and devotion to You and also for others; serving, encouraging and comforting those in needs with genuine love, care and concern. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy