No Need Is Too Trivial
13 Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me."
15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!
16 See (Bee), I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.
17 Your sons hasten back,
and those who laid you waste depart from you.
18 Lift up your eyes and look around;
all your sons gather and come to you.
As surely as I live," declares the LORD,
"you will wear them all as ornaments;
you will put them on, like a bride.
Tommy's Thoughts:
It’s hard sometimes when God seems so distant and not answering our prayer during our time of distress. We pray so hard and earnest, hoping He will just somewhat answer and deliver us instantly from our unbearable pain and struggle. We become frustrated when we are still stuck in our situation despite all our honest effort. Like the people in Israel from today’s passage, they felt God had denied and forsaken them in Babylon. But, Isaiah reminded them that God, like a loving parent, would never leave or forget them.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you - Deuteronomy 31:6
When we feel discouraged and think that God is too busy or doesn’t seems to care much about our 'small' and 'trivial' needs and problems, we need to ask ourselves if we have forsaken and forgotten Him in the first place. Is it only when we are facing a problem that we seek Him? God sometimes might also use and allow certain situation to happen in our lives, in order to teach, build, and bring us to a greater truth and understanding of our problem.
Dear Lord, thank You for being there with me through thick and thin. Lord, only You know what is best and good for me. In this season of Lent, teach me especially to be patient and tolerant when at times You might answer my prayer by asking me to wait. There are also times You’ll use situations to show and teach me something important from them. Lord, I’ll trust and obey You in every situation as I know all things will work together for good to those who love and obey You (Romans 8:28). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Reading the above passage brings back some unpleasant memories. Each time I thought of it I still feel teary. It's sad that some mothers can really "forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne" (v15). I can't understand why they can do that. Perhaps because they themselves have been abandoned before? Perhaps they have never experienced a mother's love? Even then, why didnt they have their own 'mother's instinct'?
Thank God that even though some mothers will have "no compassion" for their child, He always has. If not, I won't be here today.
When I was reading v16, momentarily I read it as..
"Bee, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."
I was so comforted and excited to read that. It's like God telling me, "Bee, though your mother can forget and have no compassion for you, I have; I will not forget you!; I have engraved you on my palms, and my presence will go with you wherever you go."
Thank You Lord! Praise You for this assurance! Yes, You have never left me nor forsaken me. You have always been with me even when I was in my mother's womb. You saw me through my life. You loved me even before I knew You. Thank You so much. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


