A Transformed Mind
Living Sacrifices
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
Bee's Thoughts:
God has slowly transformed my mind over the years. Each time I come to Him in prayer and reading His words, He will gradually renew my mind that has been tainted by any worldly thinking. In this way I would know what is the will of God for me and how He wants me to serve Him.
I was listening to a friend's work problem today, and tried to offer the little help I could think off. I was very glad to see my friend lightened up from his initial sad countenance. As I was reading the above passage, I suddenly realised that God has given me the gift of "encouraging" (v8). So there's nothing for me to be proud off ... otherwise I wouldn't have so much patience to listen and to encourage others that effectively. Thank God.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for renewing my mind daily. Thank You for Your gift of "encouraging" too. Let me use it to encourage those who need encouragment. May I always make a difference to those that come my way.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
We live in a world today where we like to take more than we give; complain more than we thank; envious and unsatisfied than being grateful for what we have; being selfish and self-absorbed than other and God-centered; manipulative than being honest and truthful; putting others down to build ourselves up rather than being fair and respecting others; quick to judge and criticize than first looking at ourselves; talk more than we listen; indulge in what we know is wrong than doing what is right; impatient and restless than being calm and trusting in God; repay evil with evil than living at peace with others; agitated and annoyed when others seek our kindness, time and help than being compassionate to those in needs; proud and conceited than willing to associate with people of ‘low’ position; emphasis solely on things that will not lasts than those that are eternal; pretense and deceit than being genuine and sincere in our words and actions; trying to be good ourselves than submitting to God seeking Him to change us from the inside out;
Dear lord, I acknowledge that I myself exhibit many of those traits listed above. Help me to be aware of this, open my heart to You, allowing You to change me from within. Thank You and I ask all these in Jesus’ name, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


