Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Security

Psalm 31:19-24

19 How great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you bestow in the sight of men
on those who take refuge in you.

20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from the intrigues of men;
in your dwelling you keep them safe
from accusing tongues.


21 Praise be to the LORD,
for he showed his wonderful love to me
when I was in a besieged city.

22 In my alarm I said,
"I am cut off from your sight!"
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
when I called to you for help.

23 Love the LORD, all his saints!
The LORD preserves the faithful,
but the proud he pays back in full.

24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.



Bee's Thoughts:

We lived in a very unsecured world indeed. Even when we feel safe with someone whom we thought loves us, many times we are not actually. From past experiences, I realise how deceitful some men can be... "the intrigues of men" is always there (v20) to make us feel good with their empty words and clandestine agenda. But sooner or later we will know how untruthful these men are and wake up from our empty dreams.

Dear Lord,
Thank You that with You I am always safe... for You will deliver me from "the intrigues of men" whenever I come into Your "presence". Whenever I pray to You, You will show me the right from wrong and what I should do. Thank You for Your protection always. Amen.




.......the devotion of Bee