Not Just A Listener
12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
Bee's Thoughts:
Have you ever encountered people who promised you that they'll do something for you yet never execute it, or procrastinate about it for a very long time? And when you remind them of their promise, they would think you are a nag? I have. Sometimes I feel very frustrated with such people and have to give 'discount' for what they promise. :(
The above passage reminds us that it is not what we hear but what we do that's important. That means knowledge is nothing till we apply it.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me not only I should listen to what You say but to obey and do according to Your words. I pray that I will apply the knowledge I have and not procrastinate to do what I should.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
When I was on my trip, I met with so many friendly and beautiful Cambodians, especially the children. I just love their smiles; it’s warm and full of life. It saddened me when I get to know more about the gruesome history of their country; where about 2 million Cambodians, have been brutally tortured and killed during the Khmer Rouge "revolution" in the 70s.
Our Almighty God has planted inside the heart of every person, even those who have never seen a Bible or heard about the Good News, his moral law; the conscience to know what is right and wrong. And, people are condemned not for what they didn’t know but for what they do with what they know. So, it’s shocking to know how these people (under the rule of Pol Pot) can violate even the most basic moral law of not to murder; even their very own people. They know what is right but insist on doing what’s wrong because of pride, selfish and evil ambition.
Dear Lord, thank You for your gift in understanding Your laws and the abundant knowledge of Your words. Lord, forgive me of sometimes doing the very opposite to what I know is right. Forgive me of frequently fail to live up to even my own standards (much more to Yours!). Guide me Lord to not just know what is right but to do them, to live it. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


