He Is There
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
Reflection of Bee:
Who will be there for me
when I need words of comfort?
Who will be there for me
when I need a shoulder to cry?
Who will be there for me
when I need to pour my sorrows?
Who will be there for me
if I were to lose my vision?
Who will be there for me
if I were to lose my voice?
Who will be there for me
if I were to die tonight?
Dear Lord,
As I look back to my past I see Your hands upon me keeping me all the way. Sometimes You used people to help me along the way. Sometimes You hide Yourself from me so I will learn to live by faith and not by sight.
But now You hide others from me so that I will know that You are the only one for me when others go their ways.
In my sickness, I want to praise you still. For my life is in Your hand. Guide me in the path that I should go.
In Your holy name I pray. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
Often we feel the presence of God only during prayer or in church, but the truth is He is always with us, every second in a day, whether we are awake or asleep (v8). How comforting it is to always keep this in our mind during the good and the bad times.
When we know God is presence with us, it helps to change our perception on things and refocus our mind on Him. His presence gives us the courage when we are afraid, confidence when we are in doubt, strength when we are weak and hope when we are discouraged.
Dear Father, thank You for Your presence with me, helping me to see You in everything I’m going through. Teach me to follow You ever closely, keeping all Your commands, obeying You joyfully and trusting You for everything. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.


