No Longer Young
Psalm 37:23-31
23 If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;
Reflection of Bee:
As I learn to live as a Christian from the day I gave my heart to Jesus at the age of 12, I stumbled many times. The stumbling blocks could be others or myself. Yet through all those years I did not fall away from God. God kept my feet firm and my faith strong and upheld me with His hands (v23, 24).
23 If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;
24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
25 I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.
26 They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.
27 Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever.
28 For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;
29 the righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever.
30 The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just.
31 The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip.
Reflection of Bee:
As I learn to live as a Christian from the day I gave my heart to Jesus at the age of 12, I stumbled many times. The stumbling blocks could be others or myself. Yet through all those years I did not fall away from God. God kept my feet firm and my faith strong and upheld me with His hands (v23, 24).
God will watch over His children and will not allow them to become beggars. In fact, God told us not to worry about our future, for He knows our needs. We are more valuable than the lilies or the birds. He will watch over us as we keep our faith in him and obey His words. (Matthew 6:25-34)
Yes, as I grow older and reflect on how God have kept me and supplied my needs, my faith grows stronger each day.
Dear Lord,
Without You I can do nothing.
Without You life is just a dream.
Without You life is just a dream.
Without You I will stumble and fall.
Without You I may lose my all.
Thank You for keeping me safe.
Thank You for guiding my way.
Thank You for supplying all my needs.
Thank You for the place in eternity.
In Jesus most wonderful name I thank You. Amen.
Reflection of Tommy:
When bad or difficult situation arise, it is easy to lost sight of how God has been faithfully helping us to go through our past trials and tribulations. We sometimes also tend to forget how He has been shaping us through the years.
Instead of feeling discouraged or doubting the care, love and presence of God, we need to remember the countless times He has lifted us up when we stumbled and gave us a new start. Be thankful always for He has promised to protect and bless (v26-28) those who keep His commands and trusting His providence.
Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me to always keep Your law in my heart. Guide me to take time to know Your Word and apply them in everything I do. Keep my feet from slipping and always turning from evil and do good. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.


